Ads

Friday, June 10, 2016

Random Food Crits: Instant Soup

I'm not a super passionate person about food, but I'm a very picky food eater. And I hate onions and garlic, but I would eat them if the smell of those in the food are not too strong thou. 

Coming to New Zealand and living in a flat, preparing food to oneself is something enjoyable, however given that tiredness and laziness of my living behavior, instant food is something definitely worth trying out. Plus, I found that there are quite an amount of instant food available in New Zealand that has a good list of ingredients.

But the reason I wanted to write this post it's because I got super disappointed in some food. Like, REALLY DISAPPOINTED.

Continental Instant Soup-CUP a SOUP Series
I've tried: 
  • Asian Thai Red Curry
  • Asian Laksa
  • Asian Chinese Chicken & Corn
  • Classic Chicken 
  • Classic Cream of Mushroom 
  • Homestyle Chicken Noodle
  • Homestyle Mushroom
  • Hot & Spicy Tom Tum
  • Hot & Spicy Laksa
  • Noodles Chinese Chicken & Corn
Let's talk about the Asian's category first, because I'm an Asian. So far the Chicken & Corn were so far so good, to me it seems their concept of asian chinese chicken soup are--- clear broth made of chicken powder/ pure chicken-essence taste of after cooking for hours. Not too much of a complain. While those that came in with noodles...well, I have no idea why they likely meant to think that Asian noodles were flat noodles, but in my opinion I guess they were better in terms of giving texture? However don't soak that noodles too long in the soup, the texture of the noodles gets super bad. D:
Like chewing some melted soggy cereal. 

And now we talk about the disappointed soup. The Asian Laksa, Asian Thai Red Curry and Hot & Spicy Laksa. Or whatever Asian soup that they put creamer into it. At first when I tried the Tom Yum soup, it was so good and the texture is similar to the Chinese chicken style,so I assume that the others are good as well. But they are not. As I make those soup, after stirring, they clump up into a texture like Campbell Mushroom Soup. And the taste were TERRIBLE. It's SO CREAMY while it's not suppose to be like that, I don't really drink coffee that much because of my weak stomach, but to me it seems that they are using those kind of creamer as to enhance the feeling that usually in real cooking coconut milk were used to gives of s silkiness texture for the soup. I WAS OMG, WHAT IS THIS!!  And the taste, regarding with enhancer food flavor whatever so, it's still as bad as I could recall. I really wonder does the people who made up this do they ever ate the real thing before? I think not. The laksa is not laksa how Malaysian Laksa should be....and the Thai Curry is not even like a married of Tom yum and curry...

I don't really want to waste food... but after forcing myself to finish one after another of each style, I had to throw them because it's way too worse for my taste bud. It's a REALLY REALLY BAD experience.

And that's all for my complain... Mushroom Soup is my usually go for choice, I had tried Pam's Mushroom Soup before as well (Pams are like dupes of food in terms of makeup lol). I would say buy Continental ones because the products melts better and no chunks compare to Pam's after stirring thoroughly. For Continental's there some sort of tiny droplets on the surface of the soup that look like oil, it's kinda weird to me thou. 

That's all for my reflection for Continental's Instant Soup today.

No comments:

Post a Comment